IT Carlow and the Design Ireland Skillnet have developed a certificate in Sustainable Design.
This module is proposed as an ECTS 10 credit Level 9 module.
Primarily this course aims to up skill practicing design
professionals in the area of Sustainable Design Practice (SDP).
Likely students on this programme would typically be
designers, design managers, marketing managers and other
business managers with responsibility for new product development
(NPD), company strategy and design.
15 weeks-proposed for Saturdays 10 am – 1pm
10 x 3 hour workshop/lectures/ mentoring sessions and independent
applied research project (with remote mentoring)
Mid October 2008 (Subject to validation)
- Introduction to Sustainable Design
- Practical sustainable design innovation strategies
- Social and environmental legislative considerations
- Lifecycle Thinking, Simplified LCA (Lifecycle Analysis)
- Materials selection and procurement
- Corporate and Social responsibility
- Packaging and waste considerations for designers and Business
- Marketing sustainable design
- Sustainable Design for competitive advantage
- Applied Research Project
Download the full program for more information.
|Certificate in Sustainable Design Innovation .pdf||299.06 KB|